REIS Journal Policies
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Policy
All research articles that involve collecting data from or about people should have ethics approval if required by their employer, institution, funder or country laws. Research should be conducted according to the principles outlined in the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research 2007 (Updated May 2015) (www.nhmrc.gov.au/guidelines/publications/e72) or equivalent for the country where the research was conducted.
Authors are required to complete an Authorship, Copyright and Submission Declaration before the paper will be sent for review that includes the following:
- The author(s) have been involved in preparation of the manuscript, agree with the order of authors on the manuscript and it does not exclude individuals who have had a major role in the design, conduct or write-up of the material contained in the paper.
- Individuals who have had a significant but not major role in the writing of the paper, the project or the research are acknowledged in the Acknowledgements section.
- The manuscript contains original work of the author(s) listed and where you have included the work of others this has been fully and appropriately acknowledged.
- The work has not been published previously in a peer-reviewed journal (except as part of an academic thesis, report to funding body or working paper).
- The manuscript is not under consideration for publication elsewhere or won't be while it is being considered by REIS and if it is accepted for publication by REIS.
- The authors(s) are willing to provide clarifications, corrections and retractions of mistakes to published papers.
- The research received ethics approval or followed ethical processes as required by your employer, institution, funder or country laws, with details of the ethics approval available if required. All data will be kept private and confidential.
- All participant involvement in the research has been voluntary and based on sufficient information and adequate understanding of both the proposed research and the implications of participation in it. Participants were provided with an opportunity to consent and to withdraw at any time.
- All clearances have been obtained from relevant authorities, including funder, for publication.
- Permission has been obtained for all reproductions from copyrighted sources and is acknowledged in the appropriate place in the manuscript.
- Where financial support for the research was provided, indicate who provided this support and briefly describe their role, if any, in the conduct of the research. If no role, state this. They can be acknowledged in the Acknowledgments section.