The Australasia-Pacific Extension Network (Ltd.) is the organisation for extension professionals working with people to enable change and innovation in primary industries, natural resource management and communities.
To be the leading organisation for extension professionals in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia-Pacific.
To promote the value, and advance the theory and practice of extension through advocacy, promoting best practice and building partnerships.
- Strategy: Promote the use and value of extension by agencies and organisations
- Outcome: Agencies and organisations use extension and extension thinking to improve their policies and practice
- Strategy: Strengthen the value proposition of APEN to its members
- Outcome: APEN membership is highly valued within the extension sector
- Strategy: Strengthen the capacity and professionalism of the extension sector
- Outcome: the extension sector is highly capable and professional
- Strategy: Maintain good governance and broaden our financial base
- Outcome: Our financial base is strong, and our governance is sound
The Board seeks to continually improve APEN as a professional organisation and welcomes any feedback on the Strategic Directions and any aspect of the organisation.