REIS Journal Policies
Peer Review Policy
Following submission of a manuscript to the editor the following procedures will be followed in reviewing Research and Literature review manuscripts:
- The manuscript will be given a unique identification number for use in subsequent communications with the author and the author will be notified by email of receipt of the manuscript.
- The editor will make a preliminary assessment of each submission to determine whether it is suitable for the REIS Journal by assessing whether it meets the aims of the journal or standards for publication as outlined in the guidelines for authors of Research or Practice papers.
- If it is not suitable, the editor will either reject it or return it to the author with suggestions for substantial revision.
- If a Research or Literature review manuscript is assessed as potentially suitable for publication, it will be sent to two reviewers on the REIS Review Panel who are experts in the agricultural extension field. A double-blind review process is used to assess papers. In the event of strong disagreement between two referees a third referee may be appointed. Practice and APEN Conference Keynote papers are reviewed by the editor and agricultural extension professionals.
- Reviewers are provided by the editor with a review form and instructions that are specific for assessing Research or Practice papers. They provide the editor with their comments, suggestions and recommendation.
- The editor checks the reviews and decides whether to accept, reject or ask for a revision and contacts the author with their decision including the review documents provided by the reviewers. If the decision is made that the manuscript is likely to be published, the authors are asked to:
- Address the issues suggested by the reviewers to provide a document reacting to the suggested changes.
- Insert the tables/figures where they want them & check formatting of tables and document – use spelling & grammar check to save me the trouble.
- Check references are complete and that they are in the correct format for the journal.
- Resubmit the revised manuscript.
- The editor may make additional suggestions for improvement and editorial changes to the manuscript before returning to the authors for final checks.
- Finally the manuscript is incorporated in the next edition of the journal to be published.