Become a member
Being a member of APEN provides many opportunities for networking, learning more about extension and developing your professional skills.
APEN offers members:
- a forum for professionals to share new knowledge, information, skills and experience across Australia and the Pacific
- the opportunity to join a national mentoring scheme to help you improve your skills and abilities
- a network which opens doors to future employment prospects and provides relative continuity for those working on short term contracts
- a communication and support network between members and institutions sharing similar aspirations and difficulties
- a quarterly newsletter, ExtensionNet, covering industry news, case studies, extension theory and upcoming events
- education and training to develop professional competencies and standards
- the opportunity to improve the practice of extension by developing more rigorous methodologies that are informed by theory
- a guide to public information available on extension
- access to the members area of the website which contains many more resources to assist extension workers in their job
- discount rates for APEN workshops, conferences and publications.
We also have an Overseas Affiliate membership which only allows access to the website and receiving the monthly member eBulletin.
For more information about APENBrowse our internet site, download and look at our current brochure, browse our publications to see what we do and if you are still unsure do not hesitate to talk to one of our members or Roe at the Secretariat.
Brochure (491 Kb PDF)
Sample ExtensionNet (3 MB PDF)
How to joinTo join, fill in the membership form and return it to the Secretariat.
Membership form (12 Kb PDF)
Alternatively, you may fill out the APEN Membership Application Web Form below and a membership invoice will be emailed to you.(Please contact the APEN Secretariat if you have not had a response within 3 working days.)